Prepare for Spring Pests:
Mice and Rats:
These little rodents generally like to seek shelter during winter months. However, a problem with mice and rats multiplies come spring. And if you can prevent their interest before they take residence within your walls, you’ll have a better shot at a rodent free home this season. Ways to take action before the problem include:
Keep your household clean. While a perfectly clean house may still be susceptible to mice and rats, a dirty house is far more prone to the issue. Pay particular attention to your kitchen and make sure that it is free of left-out food that may be attractive to rodents.
- Be sure to seal your garbage at all times. Odors of trash and old food can attract mice and rats and lead them inside your home.
- Seal all gaps leading inside. These sneaky pests can find their way into your home through the smallest of cracks and holes. So be diligent in finding and sealing these to the best of your ability.
- Assess the foundation of your home for small cracks and seal these as quickly as possible.
- Maintain the growth of shrubs and branches surrounding your home.
- As best as you can, keep all surfaces and floors clear of food.